Author Topic: [REL] eMule 0.49b [SharkX 1.5 Beta 5]  (Read 18780 times)

Offline Raid

• Administrator
  • Membro esperto
    • www.darkforge.it
Re: [REL] eMule 0.49b [SharkX 1.5 Beta 5]
« Reply #20 on: Thu 01 January 2009, 17:20 »
nice, just yesterday I was rolling Ackronic 5.2 beta1 and I figured out the ConCheck problem.

I uploaded the files on Download section, and I am sending you the translation source code :timido:

Offline taz

• Apprendista
  • SharkX modder
« Reply #21 on: Thu 01 January 2009, 17:37 »
nice, just yesterday I was rolling Ackronic 5.2 beta1 and I figured out the ConCheck problem.

I uploaded the files on Download section, and I am sending you the translation source code :timido:

Since I know AcK modder (sometimes he stares at me from the mirror when I'm shaving) - reflected fixes in any of the mods will be injected into the other ...

Strange as it may sound ITA is ready before HEB (I'm busy codding ...) - 10'x for the RC, it will be updated on next SRCs.

Offline SS1900

• Giovane membro
« Reply #22 on: Tue 20 January 2009, 15:54 »
taz where are you ??  :sdentato:

taz dove sei ??  :sdentato:

Offline taz

• Apprendista
  • SharkX modder
« Reply #23 on: Tue 20 January 2009, 16:26 »
I'm sorry that I'm not very responsive, however :

My first priority (besides real life) is concluding the development of a new "doomsday" anti leecher tool. When concluded ed2k network won't be the same - leechers will become hunted, every  leecher mod user will risk loosing all the credit he ever accumulated (even at times he used a legitimate mod or official) - since he will be forced to change hash ...

I'm developing a POint and Filter (aka POF) available for users from uploading and on queue lists. The idea resembles the leecher mods feature of Point and Kick (or Ban) - however mine is based on official code (users can even now dynamically append IPs to current IP filter content via creating files with proper syntax - I'm only saving manual work) and is not temporary measure (ban is temp state).
If the POinted user hash is already found within filter it will be replaced.
The POFed list will be stored within a separate file in order to make sure IP filter updates won't clean them.
It might be that such lists will be shared or public available ...
I think that most moders will have to adapt it (or even suggest better code for same concept - since as I said a lot of times before, I'm not first line coder ...) in order to preserve their audience - since this is power to the people tool.

The only counter measure leecher moders can develop will only help : they might filter / ban mods that will hold POF tool (in order not to risk being filtered).

The outcome of such measure :

1. Mods with POF tool won;t be leeched from.
2. Leecher mod users will have less and less sources - and loose the motivation to use leecher mods ...

Offline Tuxman

• eMuleBeba Coach
  • Giovane membro
    • beba website
« Reply #24 on: Tue 20 January 2009, 17:15 »
Uhm, what does "point" mean here?

Which users are "filtered"? What do they have to do?
Seems more like TFT to me...

:timoroso:

Offline taz

• Apprendista
  • SharkX modder
« Reply #25 on: Wed 21 January 2009, 08:36 »
Uhm, what does "point" mean here?
Point means right click

Which users are "filtered"? What do they have to do?
Seems more like TFT to me...

:timoroso:

No one will be auto filtered (only previously filtered ones) - any user might be filtered (i.e. power to the people) thus anyone that tries to abuse might find himself loosing sources (filtered) - further more his characteristics (IP, hash, mod str and nick) are potentially become public (they will be recorded within a filter file).

Basically POF will give a mod (with POF or alike feature) user a simple interface for appending filtered IPs (instead of manual build a dat syntax file and append it via tools->ip filter which is already available within official). The extra added value will be replacement of filtered IPs for same hashes (by placing hash, mod str and nick within description at a known order).

BTW: At Israel most non official clients are now divided more or less between AcKroNiC friends-il and TLH (newer TLN which is a binary BIN edited AJ). Those TLH are likely to be the vast majority of the random mod name generators and it seems that CA "tolerates" few upload sessions by them before detecting them as bad UL/DL ratio and DLP is worthless against them. Adding POF to AcK is likely to clean Israel from those very fast.

Offline Tuxman

• eMuleBeba Coach
  • Giovane membro
    • beba website
« Reply #26 on: Wed 21 January 2009, 14:10 »
So this is sort of manual two-side ban?
Not allowed AFAIK...

Offline taz

• Apprendista
  • SharkX modder
« Reply #27 on: Wed 21 January 2009, 14:37 »
So this is sort of manual two-side ban?
Not allowed AFAIK...

Not really this is official filter code, one can create a filter file (ipfilter.dat syntax : IP - IP, level, description) and then via :

Tools->IP Filter->Append dynamically add new filtered ranges (or list of single IPs).

If one later on wants to remove any filter via Tools->IP filter and position on a line it can be dynamically removed.

End Of Story ...

My suggested POF feature will save manual creation of the filter file and manual remove of lines - it does not change any already available functionality !

Offline Tuxman

• eMuleBeba Coach
  • Giovane membro
    • beba website
« Reply #28 on: Wed 21 January 2009, 18:33 »
it does not change any already available functionality !
Well, Ban(); is official code, too, and you don't have to change it either to make your mod not rule-compliant...

Offline taz

• Apprendista
  • SharkX modder
« Reply #29 on: Wed 21 January 2009, 18:51 »
Well, Ban(); is official code, too, and you don't have to change it either to make your mod not rule-compliant...

Official user can not ban - however he can filter.

I'll shift discussion to official site (tomorrow) - since as expected high flames are likely to appear ...

Creative Commons License All ValerioCipriani.com contents are published according to Creative Common License, except different instructions. The Staff is not responsible of eventually guide, article and publishing mistakes. All published items are patent free. All trade marks reported are right reserved. Contact us, Info.