Author Topic: [REL] eMule 0.49a [ScarAngel 3.0]  (Read 7647 times)

Offline MsZ

• Il Manutentore
  • Militante
  • GNUru Meditation
Re: [REL] eMule 0.49a [ScarAngel 3.0]
« Reply #10 on: Tue 15 July 2008, 15:03 »
It is you who should decide of your projects.
We are just some kind of "freelancers". We may ask to do someone's mod translation, and that someone has to say "yes" or "no". And we behave as he/she says, because the projects aren't ours, but the modder's.

We don't really care if you have another translator. We may search other mods or projects to translate. It is you who have to decide. We don't do translation for money or other stuff. We do it because we like to work our ass out on some cool projects, and we like to port some Mod on our Italian language, because it doesn't exist or because the old one was outdated (probably).

So, what's your final answer? Do you want us to continue translating your mods or not? If you say "yes", we will. If you say "no", we won't.
Forever.

Offline Stulle

• Matricola
« Reply #11 on: Tue 15 July 2008, 15:11 »
well, you don't charge money but you are bitching around because i am not willing to simply repost your package because it is neither complete nor does it contain anything useful. all i pointed out to cellax was that i am not going to publish any changelogs along with the translations or any gpl licence papers because that's totally ridiculous. as a part of my project the translations are released as a part of the project. thus is there no need for additional changelogs or gpl papers. if you may want to check the officials, they don't do it either!

now, i pointed out what i am not going to do but if you insist on those lame changelogs and shit i told you i wouldn't care. but at the point you released that publically as a part of my project i realised i had to interfere.

so next time you bitch about the gpl PROVIDE PROPER SOURCES!

if you think you can get along with the way i am doing it for so long, already, fine. italian users will be grateful. if you don't, fine! italian users will be warned of your users (as other users will, too) and i am going to release official translations indipendently! just don't think i will accept your shit. quite for real or contribute!

Offline MsZ

• Il Manutentore
  • Militante
  • GNUru Meditation
« Reply #12 on: Tue 15 July 2008, 15:26 »
i am not going to publish any changelogs along with the translations or any gpl licence papers because that's totally ridiculous.
GPL says it. It is not under GPL license if there aren't license files, Changelogs or sources. We do really want to respect the GPL, so those files are needed.

Actually, sources are provided. Those are the it_IT.rc file. Binary is it_IT.dll. And there's an extensive (italian) guide written inside the file INSTALL. But we can translate it in English anytime, though I cannot see why, since our users are mainly italian.
I don't really know where we are violating the GPL. Please tell me where we are mistaking.

Offline Stulle

• Matricola
« Reply #13 on: Tue 15 July 2008, 15:31 »
you are NOT publishing complete sources like it should be done! i cannot compile a plain it_IT.rc file and neither can you!

as for the gpl, as a part of the project it is automatically under the gpl and there is no further demand for any changelogs. the licence files are part of the binary and source package which are mandatory to use the .dll file so there is no need for extra licence files in the .dll packages.

i just told cellax, accept my rules or shut the f**k up and quit translating MY mods!

Offline MsZ

• Il Manutentore
  • Militante
  • GNUru Meditation
« Reply #14 on: Tue 15 July 2008, 15:57 »
The INSTALL file contains all the instructions needed to compile the it_IT.rc file alongside the mod. And, it does work. An Italian user just has to read and follow the INSTALL guide.

there is no further demand for any changelogs.
I am sorry, but I can't find a suitable description of what you are saying about the changelogs in the GPL. Could you please tell me on what section it is written, or report the right paragraph?

there is no need for extra licence files in the .dll packages.
You may have a point here, but if it is so, why don't you remove the COPYING file yourself and say "Hey, there's no need of a COPYING file here"? We would stop putting COPYING file at once, but it's a GPL imperative to report a copy of the GPL itself inside the package. So, this may lead to some kind of confusion.

accept my rules or shut the f**k up and quit translating MY mods!
I won't until you will say either "yes" or "no". If I am not mistaking, you agreed to have us translate your ScarAngel 2.3 some time ago. So, if you don't agree now, you just have to say "no".

Otherwise, I will take any further offence as a refusal, and I shall then report to the admins not to do translations for you anymore.

Offline Stulle

• Matricola
« Reply #15 on: Tue 15 July 2008, 16:13 »
when i released the translation of scarangel 2.5 i was asked why i removed the files you added. i told cellax i did it because there is no need to keep them and if he rather wants me to delete the file i would do that. some days ago i learned that - despite dottorleo's claim to be sending me the translation after i released the latest version - translations have been released and i wasn't informed. when i asked cellax about it he told me it was in reply to what i answered after the 2.5 discussion. well, as much as i am fine with you guys quitting on me i am not fine with you guys simply skipping me as the project administrator. i stated my rules and they are not inflicting any credits or anything. i am thanking the people who helped me with the language files upon releasing and on the greetings page. any additional changelog is not mandatory. install tutorials are something that could be added but i expect my users to know enough to be able to use the .dll files without further instructions. now if you guys didn't make a scene because of me removing these unneeded files we'd be perfectly fine. but i am not taking no shit. contribute or quit. but don't try to workaround me when dealing with my project!

Offline MsZ

• Il Manutentore
  • Militante
  • GNUru Meditation
« Reply #16 on: Tue 15 July 2008, 16:50 »
i expect my users to know enough to be able to use the .dll files without further instructions
That's somewhat like overestimating users. Instructions should be delivered as well as the sources. You can't say "he knows for sure what he needs to install this file". If you're talking to a complete newbie, he could even mess with the Operating System. If you think that a new Stulle user, total newbie that can't even turn on a PC, knows how to install a .dll, you may be wrong. Installation instructions should always be provided, regardless of the user's knowledge or the GPL. So, we're including an INSTALL file, always. I know it's not mandatory, but it's like an invitation. You wanna read? Fine.
You don't? Fine as well.

If you, user, know your foe and can install a Windows OS blind-folded, you're smart and can throw the INSTALL file straight to /dev/null. We're fine with that.
If you can't take a mouse in hand, you're not, and need to be guided on the installation.

when i released the translation of scarangel 2.5 i was asked why i removed the files you added. i told cellax i did it because there is no need to keep them...
Wasn't that for the Stulle 6.0?

i am not fine with you guys simply skipping me as the project administrator.
Then, if you're the project admin, you should say simply a "yes" or a "no".
And, we will act accordingly.

Offline Stulle

• Matricola
« Reply #17 on: Tue 15 July 2008, 17:22 »
well, i strongly recommend all noobs not to use my mods and this is no secret.

might have been stullemule 6.0... no difference when it comes to the discussion.

what do you want with your yes and no all the time? i put up two simple rules: 1 - no additional files for translations; 2 - don't try to skip me when contributing to my project in any way. we had an disagreement in first - which is, btw, solved already with raid - and you tried two which made me come out and do a little rampage as i usually do when i get annoyed by something.

Offline Raid

• Administrator
  • Membro esperto
    • www.darkforge.it
« Reply #18 on: Tue 15 July 2008, 17:35 »
don't try to skip me when contributing to my project in any way. we had an disagreement in first - which is, btw, solved already with raid

ok, it is solved, we will be your translator and we will contribute in the future on your project

Offline Stulle

• Matricola
« Reply #19 on: Tue 15 July 2008, 17:43 »
thanks, i do appreciate that.

Creative Commons License All ValerioCipriani.com contents are published according to Creative Common License, except different instructions. The Staff is not responsible of eventually guide, article and publishing mistakes. All published items are patent free. All trade marks reported are right reserved. Contact us, Info.